One of the highlights of summer for me was seeing Paula and her family in Las Vegas! It's not the easiest thing to see them these days since they've been living in India for the last year.
The clearest evidence that we had a great time is the lack of pictures from the first 24 hours we were together. That's because we talked non-stop! It was SO nice to do it without paying for long distance! I only got one picture from that time period. It's of our freshly painted toe nails right after the pedicure we enjoyed.
We later saw the movie "Get Smart" and laughing during the entire movie! Steve Carell is the new Steve Martin! His timing is so funny! I hope they make a movie with the two Steves in it. How great would that be?! If you haven't seen it, check out this trailer that has some of my favorite scenes in it!
On Sunday, we went with Paula's mom, sister, and her sister's children to church. I am always amazed at how quietly Paula's children sit through church. They were SO good! I keep trying to get her to share her secret but she hasn't spilled it yet! She will say there is no secret but I'm still hoping for one...
Aren't they the cutest?! These are some of my very favorite people!
Most of my family and friends know who Paula is because I talk about her a lot. But, some of you may wonder who she is. Paula and I met when I was attending Brigham Young University in Provo. Her husband, Wes, did the maintenance on the apartments we lived in. He came over to do some painting in our kitchen one day and we got to talking. He then invited us to their apartment on a different night. We strolled over to their apartment and Paula made us her "company food" (lasagna) and the rest is history. We just love them both! Such great people. Paula and I each have four kids, all with similar ages. We have been through all the stages of motherhood together! She's one of those friends that I just treasure so much! Plus, she ALWAYS makes me laugh which is something I dearly love to do! Thanks friend!While in Las Vegas, we stayed with her parents. It was so fun to finally meet her mom! We have talked so many times on the phone over the years but never in person. Her dad reminds me of my dad since my dad was a cop and her dad was a fireman. We all played a lot of games together, including Blokus and the seriously fun, although objectionably named, "Oh Hell" card game. Her dad is the king of "Oh Hell" and it was so much fun to play with him. Blokus is very addicting! I ended up buying it for the kids as my souvenir for them.
One of the days Paula and I went out to do a little shopping with her sister, Laura. Laura is really great too! It was so fun to meet her and spend time all together.
We stopped by the Las Vegas Temple where Paula was married.
We stopped by the Las Vegas Temple where Paula was married.
It's good to know Las Vegas is more than slot machines and gambling. ☺
Although, this picture was taken at the airport! Slot machines in the airport?! Only in Vegas. I was surprised they didn't have them in the bathrooms.
We had a yummy lunch at the Cheesecake Factory! So very good! It was bittersweet saying goodbye because I know I won't see her for awhile but I am comforted by the fact that we can call each other in the meantime!
I came home to this!
Here is my sweet little boy, Bennett, with toes painted red and blue. Apparently, his cousin, Olivia, did this for him because he, as Lauren put it, "really wanted them done" when the cousins were all together! He was very proud of them. Ha Ha.
7 comments:
What a fun time for you and Paula to spend together. It makes remember when I come back to Oregon to visit with all of my friends. I have not been back in four years. I need a visit. Don't you think?
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. It's always great to catch up with girlfriends you don't get to see as often as you'd like. "Mister" got his toes painted the other day too - but I have to confess - I'm the one who did it! I just couldn't resist! (Yes, Scott flipped.)
You should've seen the toes Olivia painted on me. Oh my. I was a good mom and kept it there a good 2-3 days, but then reached for the nail polish remover!
Yes, Renee. I think it's about time!!!!!! This post reminded me of our visit. :(
Sounds like you had a great time! Oh, Bennett! Why am I not surprised? :)
OK, OK. I'm sold! I'm going to watch "Get Smart" ASAP. By the way, I absolutely LOVE your blog "title" picture with your kids. Did you take it? It's perfect. Your kids are so cute.
You were in our old stomping grounds, gotta love Vegas! Looks like you had a great "Girls Weekend". How fun!
I'm glad you got time to visit with your friend. It looks like you had a great time. I too have a friend from college who I love to talk to and visit, but we haven't seen each other for a few years now. I guess maybe it is time to plan a get together!
Post a Comment