Sunday, July 13, 2008

Catching Up - End of May Summary

I am still trying to catch up on my blogging. Here is the last week of May's recap.

More baseball games were watched and enjoyed. The boys are both improving so much. Lowden has become very good at bunting and stealing bases. The coach likes him to be the lead-off batter because of this. Parker has quite an arm and enjoys playing catch. My arm is always very sore afterwards. I love to see the progress they are both making and the self esteem that grows as they do better and better.

You can tell that I have boys who love to slide into bases because at this point in the season both of their pants have holes in the knees. Sometimes they slide when they don't need to and the coach has to remind them to stay up.

Here are the boys baseball pictures. Parker saw this and said " I look like I am about to hit the ball far!"

Lowden saw his and said "I look nice and gentle!" They have two VERY different personalities...can you tell?!

Bennett enjoyed some time communing with nature at said games... You can take the kid out of Eugene, but you can't take Eugene out of the kid.

Lauren received a lifeskill award for "Responsibility and Integrity". We were all very proud and she was SO excited! ♥ She is always volunteering to help the teacher....take kids to the nurse, take kids to lost and found, take kids to the office. She loves it! Often when I go to get her from school, she is late coming out, but it's usually because she helping another student.

Bennett finished his first year of preschool! I can't believe how much he has grown in one year! He really has learned so much at school. He can spell his name (all 7 letters), trace letters in the sky, count to 20, and, much to his teacher's delight, can sit down during circle time.

Here he is, the life of the party, with his friends from school and church- Whitney & Emily!

More to come soon...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

4 comments:

Sam said...

I'll enjoy you playing catch up. So glad the boys loved baseball, and that Lauren is such a sweet girl, and that Mr. Bennett can sit still during cirle time. That may be more than we can say about our Bennett!
Rachel

rachel said...

I love Bennett's pose in the last pic - is he doing the peepee dance??

Is baseball over yet? Have your schedules simmered down yet? (is that ever possible?)

btw. gimme your camera.

Renee said...

Thanks for catching us up. I have a lot of that to do and have tried to catch up on Sunday. Which seems to be the only day I don't have a ton of extra things. Is baseball still going on for you guys? Our fall ball is about to start.

Kirsten said...

My kids would commune with nature but they would have been naked : ) Love all of the pictures, congratulations to Lauren on her award.

Post a Comment

We love comments!!! Thanks for leaving us one.