We took a day to go to Neptune Beach with some friends. We call it "Tadpole Beach" because we always see tadpoles there. It is one of our favorite beaches on the Oregon coast. We love that it is one of the more sheltered beaches and Cummins Creek runs through it. The creek is warmer than the ocean so the kids like to play in it!
Lauren and Lowden convinced their friends to help bury them in sand.
Bennett made friends with a lifeless sea star.
We also started swim lessons. The kids were all really excited about taking them again. We only did a few weeks last summer due to Parker's accident. Lauren and Parker were happy to be in the same class together.
Lowden learned how to do a bunch of different strokes was really enjoying it! The highlight for him was learning to dive in the pool.
Lowden's lesson was a half hour after the other kids' lessons. So, he would bring a book daily to read. He's been really into the Hardy Boys books this summer. So, he's reading his book and he says loudly, "Yessss!!!" It was so loud it took me by surprise so I asked, "What?" He said, "THIS BOOK was printed on recycled paper. THIS BOOK may have been important business documents before." I had to smile...I guess the Oregon recycling craze is wearing off on him.
So, an hour later in the car, I hear Lowden say to Parker, "Do you want to know what's cool?! THIS BOOK was printed on recycled paper!" Lowden, the poster child of recycling!
Lauren attended a cheerleading camp at the local high school with her friend, Aly, and her cousins, Olivia and Morgan. She had a great time and got a Cheerleading T-Shirt. It's been hard getting her to wear any other shirt ever since!☺
Lauren has also been helping me with my photography course by being a willing smiler. I get out the camera around the boys and they say, "No! You are going to blog it!" Geez.
While Lauren was at cheer camp, my four boys went to the lake with Martin, Christian, Grandpa Kent, and Grandma Ludene. I sadly have no pictures to share. But I do have some funny tidbits.
When the boys got back, Parker was asking for some ice cream. I said "Knowing grandma, I bet you had some dessert at the lake." He hedged on this for a little bit and then said, "All right!! I had 6 Oatmeal Creme Pies and two chocolate things with vanilla swirl. I only ate 3 good things- 1 grape, 1 carrot, and 1 sandwich." Then, I hear Lowden say from across the room, "I had 7 Creme Pies!"
Then, the next day, we were driving to church and Bennett says "I jumped off a rock!" Surprised at that comment, I said "What?" And, then Parker said "It wasn't very high. Well, I did too....I got WAY up. I wasn't supposed to tell you that!" Can you see why I'm such a nervous momma?!
2 comments:
Your summer has been a busy one too! The oatmeal creme comments made me laugh out loud:0) And I can just imagine Greg telling your boys to not let you in on the fact that they were rock jumping. So funny!
You know, I always wonder what goes on when I'm not around. I think you got a mini peek into a world us mom's would rather not know about! Cheerleading squads and competitions are VERY big back here. You wouldn't approve of the uniforms even the little three year olds wear, though! (at least I don't)
Post a Comment