Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Strega Nona, Swing Accidents, and the like - June 9th -12th Summary

Lauren had "bring a parent to dance class" back in the early June. I brought my ballet shoes and everything. On the way there, Lauren said "I brought you a snack in case you get hungry. You can have a strawberry bar or a chocolate "z" bar. I knew you'd probably get hungry near the end!" It was so sweet of her to worry about my hunger needs. She was impressed that I could keep up in her ballet class and her hip hop class. It had been many years...but I hadn't lost all my moves☺.

We had Family Home Evening that night. Lauren helped Bennett say the prayer like this "Thank you for family home evening. Please help no one get mad." Being together is a delight sometimes and a bit of work other times (understatement). And you know what? The prayer worked, no one got mad that night!

Bennett helped me grocery shop since his school was out for the year! He's becoming quite the little helper.

Lowden's class put on a play called "Strega Nona". He got a starring role as the akward Luigi. His character went to help Strega Nona, but ended up making a huge mess of spaghetti which threatened to take over the town. All turned out ok though...as Strega Nona came to save the day! But, she made Luigi eat all the spaghetti as penance. Lowden was very animated and really seemed to enjoy the opportunity to act.

Lauren was on the playground this week and a swing hit her in the mouth. Since she bled all over her shirt, she was taken to the nurse's office. I picked her up and took her to the dentist to make sure her permanent tooth wasn't damaged. Thankfully, it wasn't! But, the gum that got cut sloughed off a few days later. The dentist said it may fix itself or it may need a skin graft at some point. I was just happy it wasn't anything more major. We don't need any more trauma in our family this year.

A few days later she was playing at the tire swing and it hit her in the mouth. She once again bled all over her shirt. The school nurse called and I told her "I really like you, but you can't keep calling me like this!" ☺ Lauren was fine. She just bit her tongue. Phew.



To celebrate the kids last week of school, we took advantage of Applebees kids meals for 99 cents! We had to wait a longer since we are a family of six. But, it was worth it.


Bennett and I attended the elementary school graduation of my niece, Olivia! We are so proud of the young woman she is becoming!!!☺

Related Posts with Thumbnails

6 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

I love reading these updates!

Poor Lauren!

Valerie said...

I never knew you once were a dancer, very cool! How cute that you and your daughtere can do that together :) Your little family is so cute!

Lakes are Great said...

My friends say I'm pretty...You look so cute in these pictures and Parker looks like a football player at Applebee's!

Renee said...

I love that you brought your ballet shoes and went right along in class with Lauren. I bet she will always remember that special moment with you.

Amanda said...

I love the new picture of your kids at the top of the blog. I like the ones of them growing up down the side of your blog, too. It's been so long since I've seen you that I still picture Lauren in pigtails like the one there! And I remember when Parker was in my Sunbeams class. When we would color pictures he would always draw a "machine".

Lisa said...

I'm impressed that you own your own ballet slippers. Who knew? You guys have had a lot of milestones lately.

Post a Comment

We love comments!!! Thanks for leaving us one.