The kids played Apples to Apples with Grandma which she also gave us for Christmas. It's super fun!
Rachel had to give Parker a tackle hug since he didn't willing comply at first. I don't think he minded.
Olivia, Lauren and Morgan enjoyed sitting by each other for Christmas Eve dinner. Grandma made her yummy rolls, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, applesauce, and we had a Honey Baked Ham. YUMM.
Morgan taught Lauren how to call my cell phone and leave messages. Rachel taught me how to delete them.
Baby Delaney was an absolute joy to be around!
Bennett decided to try to put a red candy into his ear. Thankfully, it didn't get stuck there.
Rachel and Martin were in charge of the kid's activities. They all had fun rolling in frosting making gingerbread houses.
Christian ate as much candy as he put on his house. He is a born leader ...we all followed in his footsteps!
This is Bennett's "cheese" smile!
And what were the dads doing in the other room....
Yeah.
Moving on...
Greg and I were in charge of the We were able to have our family nativity. It was not as reverent as it probably felt when the Savior was born. But it was a valiant effort.
Bennett was the shepherd.Martin was Samuel the Lamanite.
Lauren was Mary. Delaney was Baby Jesus. Christian was Christian Joseph or as Rachel quoted him, "I don't wanna be Phoseph. I Christian!"
Do you see the Heavenly Glow coming off grandpa's flat screen tv? We TOT-ally planned that.
Morgan was the angel and held the star. Lowden and Parker were wisemen. And, Olivia was the wisewoman.
Baby Delaney decided her understudy could take her place. So, Bob stepped in. (I will have to ask the kids or Rachel....I think his name is Bob.)
Awwww......
Baby Delaney was happy to let me take her picture and I was happy to take many of them.
Proof that I was at this family event since I am normally behind the camera.
6 comments:
BEN!!!!!!!
and i totally had a smile on my face the whole time i read this. fun memories.
We do a family nativity too. I love looking back at the pictures and remembering each year. It looks like you guys had a great time.
Cuuute. I love Christmas...but once it's over I'm totally ready for Spring. So unsatisfied I always am!
You guys have great costumes! This looks like a very fun Christmas Eve. And, you are so brave to do gingerbread houses - I don't have that kind of patience for frosting!
What a fun Christmas Eve tradition! Looks like so much fun. :)
Post a Comment