Tonight Bennett and I had a night out together. It was super fun!
We went to Borders Bookstore where I ran into my dear friend, Peggy Wintch. As we were gabbing away about how much we missed each other...Bennett was standing at the inner door to Borders holding it open for people. People thought he was so charming. One man laughed when we came through the door and commented on what a big helper Bennett was... which made Bennett stand a little taller. Then, on his way out of the store the same man was surprised to see Bennett still standing there holding it. (We were still gabbing...I just love Peggy.) Well, the man chuckled and them reached into his pocket and gave Bennett a quarter. You would have thought Bennett had received a new car. He was SO excited and wanted to show it to everybody. And, it was even a little hard to get him to stop holding the door when it was time to leave.
Tonight as he was saying his prayer he included "Please bless that lots of people will give me coins."
Awww........maybe I need to take him to Borders more.
6 comments:
You should teach him to ask for dollar bills instead:)
Yay...it worked! I can never leave you comments but this time it worked!
I wish random people gave ME coins. But I'm not as cute as Mr. B. Maybe that explains it.
Enjoying your alone time with him?? Girls will be home soon, I'm guessing...
It has been nice. I put together his lego ship and indiana jones cruiser this morning with him. It was fun. I told Lowden on the phone that it was kind of hard....he said "It takes years of experience to get good at it." LOL.
I was wondering when the girls would reemerge but I'm happy they are together! Lauren adores them. Bennett last night gave Olivia a hug and then said "Another". She'd hug him again and let go and he'd say "Another." He must have said it 10 times and they did the same routine. Hug. Let Go. "Another". Hug....etc. It was funny.
What a cute story!! :0)
That is such a great story. Kids sure remind us of the good things in life, don't they?
Post a Comment