Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Summary of Week

Last week was Spring Break, although it didn't feel like much of a break. The weather was crazy last week with icy rain for several days. One of those times when you actually wish you brought an umbrella even though in Oregon that is not kosher. It almost snowed one of the days which is very odd for March here. If we had known the only sunny day was going to be Monday, we would have gone to the zoo in Portland that day. But sadly, we planned it for Thursday and it wasn't in the cards that day due to the weather. But what can you do? Just try again for another day.

We did manage to make it to Brush-Fire to make tiles for Grandma Ludene's recent birthday. She wanted the kids to make them to go around her new tub. The older three kids enjoyed painting their tiles. Bennett had a difficult time being a "happy guy" and I had to finish his for him. When I got the camera out, Parker and Lauren said in a sour tone, "You're going to put this on your blog. Aren't you?" It's not a crime. I'm sure of it!



On Saturday, Greg somehow squeezed mowing the lawn between rain storms. I hadn't even realized the lawn was so high. The lawn speaks to Greg...but I don't hear it. I only hear the laundry and the dishes.


And here are a few more updates...

Bennett: The poor guy's finger was wrapped up all week. He learned to do a few things with his left hand for the week. He was happy to have playmates around to play with. They were very helpful with him too...most of the time... Well, when they weren't making him scream. Here he's showing off his good hand at the Pinewood Derby. I was grateful Greg was there since being one-handed hasn't slowed him down at all.

Lauren: She was a good helper this week. She cleaned her room really nice and got did some organizing for me. She also played with Bennett a lot and helped with him during baseball practices. She had a great time at Brush Fire. And, got to see her old friend from Kindergarten, Emilia, this last weekend. Lauren made a very Oregon tile for grandma with a boat on it with clouds and sun in the sky.


Parker: Parker became a Bear Scout this last week. He received his wolf badge and took second place in the Pinewood Derby. He had baseball practice this week and is enjoying it. There are quite a few boys from his school on his team and Lowden. For Grandma's tile, he made a grey shark with a blue background. It turned out nice. I'll take a picture of it and post it soon.


Lowden: Winning the Pinewood Derby was the highlight of his week. He did baseball practice too but was happy to have the break from his other activities. The tile he made for grandma was blue and white curvy stripes which were in honor of the ocean.



He got some new fish for his aquarium which he was VERY happy about! He now has two snails and 3 danios and 2 dalmatian mollys.



Greg and Meg: The Planets Aligned!!!

Greg and I haven't been on that many dates this year. In fact, it may have been only two since January 1st. Seems like whenever we have planned to go out, some issue will arise to thwart our plans...kids sick, kids throwing up, etc. So it was VERY nice to go out with Greg on a date last weekend and do some of our favorite things! We went to one of my favorite restaurants Beppe and Gianni's Trattoria. I had the halibut. It was so very yummy and I cleaned my entire plate. Greg had the spinach raviolis.


Afterwards, we went to REI. Greg has this wild idea that he is going to hook up with a friend of his and his brother for a trek in the Indian Himalayas. So, he really wanted to look at zero degree sleeping bags. He tried them each out very carefully. How could I not take a picture?!

Then, we went to The Sweet Life, one of our favorite places for dessert. I chose the delicious Key Lime Tart. Greg chose a Raspberry Crunch Bar. YUMM!!!

And, to end our date. We stopped by a Redbox and rented a movie, Elizabeth the Golden Age, for a dollar. Love that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

6 comments:

rachel said...

"Greg has this wild idea that he is going to hook up with a friend of his and his brother for a trek in the Indian Himalayas."

Wild idea??? It's not for sure? It's still just talk?? Hmm...

Kristin said...

Looks like you had a great week, I hope ours turns out as well.

The Millers said...

Glad you were able to go on date, especially one that includes Beppe and Gianni's and the Sweet Life. Food is wonderful, isn't it?

The deVilleneuves said...

I am so happy to see your updates! They are so cute. On a side note...I was cleaning out some closets last weekend and found one from my very early years...it had my high school diploma, some early college class attempts, and an ENGAGEMENT picture of the two of you! It's so sweet!
Glad you hung around as he tried out lots of bags for his dream trip (and that you got pics of him in the bag) on your date. Now, that's a supportive wife! ;-)

Keep the updates coming! Love 'em!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun date. I wish we got to go out more. The tiles they made sound like a great gift...I want some from my kids :)

Kristen Moss said...

Hey!! This is Kristen And Jared Moss, I am so excited that you have a blog. I love the blog world. How are you? I am sure you have heard that we are expecting really soon.
I am excited to keep tabs on your family. How fun!

Kristen

Post a Comment

We love comments!!! Thanks for leaving us one.