I'm still catching up on blogging. This is from a month ago.
Being the good parents that we are, we pulled all the kids out of school to visit the minus 3.0 low tide on June 5th. Truly, we HAD to go since it was the lowest it had been in eight years!
Lauren was so excited the night of June 3rd. She had her field trip to The Enchanted Forest the next day. And, she knew that when she got back, we were leaving for this overnight trip to the coast. She had this to say about that, "Wednesday will be the happiest day of my life. Actually, the third happiest. First, was the day I was born. Second will be the day I get married."
We had dinner at Mo's in Newport! One of our favorite places to stop for a bite to eat. We enjoyed some family bonding moments...
Bennett was excited about the pirate that came with his meal.
Lowden enjoyed mocking it!
For Lowden's Outdoorsman requirement, he needed to help pitch a tent. He did a very good job with that.
As you can see, some kids were more helpful than others...
After the tent was pitched there was much rejoicing...
Lowden's method.
Parker, Lauren and Bennett's method.
Thankfully, we didn't have any neighbors around us.
It's clear to me that Parker's personality is rubbing off on Bennett. Maybe we will start calling him, Parker II. 
Lauren's working more toward a Charlie's Angels persona...
Lowden also needed to work on his fire building skills. Greg was more than happy to teach him. Lowden was a little nervous about the whole thing.
He may need to work on it some more before trying out for Survivor.
Success!
We enjoyed yummy smores and then fit all 6 of us in that big ol' tent . We slept fairly well, considering.
More to come about the low tide soon...
8 comments:
I always love seeing pictures of your kids.. They are so cute! What a fun trip!
(I think we have the same tent!)
OH! I also loved how Parker shook his bottom at the camera! HILARIOUS! Looks like they were having a blast in the tent!
What a fun trip to the coast and great memories for the kids. It made me laugh that Parker was mocking Bennetts Pirate. I love it.
That tree is amazing, I love it!! Looks like your kids are just at the right age for camping, I'm still waiting for the little ones to make it through the night without crying.
I love the picture of you and Bennett(?). I miss the coast!
Your hair has looked particularly good in your posts lately! Just thought you should know.
And I LOVE Lauren's quote about the three happiest days in her life. So cute!
You're excellent parents for giving your children memories that will last way longer than a day at school!
LOOKS LIKE FUN!!
Post a Comment